Instant apple crumble on a winter’s night. Well, just about instant: thanks to your jars of apple slices in the pantry, you can slap this together in 5 to 10 minutes, and the oven does the rest of the work.
It’s a really guilt-free dessert, too, very low in calories so it can become a guilt-free staple in your household.
A calorie-light dessert like this after a meal is a nice way to satisfy your tummy and signal to it that the meal is over.
You can cut the recipe in half if you are only one or two people in the household. But leftovers of this apple crumble are also amazing for breakfast. Or so we’ve heard.
This recipe uses: Home canned apple slices .
You could also use instead a jar of home-canned apple pie filling.
Yield: 8 x ½ cup (125 ml) servings
Serving size: 125 ml (1/2 cup)
Fat: .8 g
- Cooking spray
- 1 litre canned apple slices (1 jar: 1 US quart / 32 oz in size)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon liquid stevia
- Pinch salt sub (optional)
- 60 g uncooked rolled oats (2/3 cup / 2 oz)
- Start heating oven to 175 C / 350 F / gas mark 4.
- Spray a medium-sized baking dish lightly with cooking spray.
- Empty the jar of apples into the baking dish, juice and all.
- In a bowl, mix together the lemon juice, sour cream, cinnamon, liquid stevia and salt sub if using.
- Add the uncooked rolled oats, mix.
- Scatter the crumble mixture over the top.
- Cover dish with tin foil.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove tin foil.
- Bake for a final 10 minutes.
- Good piping hot, or cold.
Serving size: 125 ml ( 1/2 cup)
- 98 calories, 5 mg sodium
- Weight Watchers PointsPlus®: 3 points
* Nutrition info provided by http://caloriecount.about.com
* PointsPlus™ calculated by healthycanning.com. Not endorsed by Weight Watchers® International, Inc, which is the owner of the PointsPlus® registered trademark.