This is a simple side dish that is nice as part of a summer salad plate.
It’s the work of a minute to put it together, but let it have a few hours after that for the chickpeas to absorb the flavours.
All the oil and vinegar you need is already in the liquid from the jar of marinated mushrooms. Feel free to add whatever extra seasoning strikes your fancy.
To be clear: this is not a canning recipe, this is a cooking with canning recipe.
This recipe uses:
Yield: 4 x ½ cup (150 g / 5 oz) servings
Chickpea and mushroom salad
A delicious winter salad made using your home canned chickpeas and mushrooms.
Open chickpeas, put into colander or sieve, rinse with water, let drain well for a few minutes.
Put chickpeas in bowl.
Open marinated mushrooms, add contents -- liquid and all -- to the bowl.
Let stand covered in fridge for a few hours for the flavours to marry.
Serve chilled or room temperature.
- Feel free to add some or any of the following optional fresh-chopped items: onion, green onion, parsley, tomato
Serving size: ½ cup (150 g / 5 oz)
- 190 calories, 75 mg sodium
- Weight Watchers PointsPlus®: 5 points; SmartPoints®: 6 points.
* Nutrition info provided by MyFitnessPal
* PointsPlus™ and SmartPoints™ calculated by healthycanning.com. Not endorsed by Weight Watchers® International, Inc, which is the owner of the PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® registered trademarks.