This homemade DIY Taco Seasoning Mix far less expensive than buying the store packets.
There’s another advantage: the store packages are very high in salt. You can make this mix very low in sodium (or even salt free if you wish) so that it’s far healthier.
Yield: 1 cup (16 tablespoons) of dry mix.
Yield: 1 cup of dry mix
Serving size: 1 tablespoon
Fat: 0 g
- 5 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 Tbsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp onion powder
- 1 Tbsp black pepper
- 2½ tsp dried oregano
- 2½ tsp paprika
- 2 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp salt (or salt sub)
- Place all ingredients in a jar or container, put lid on, and shake.
- Store in a sealed container.
- 3 tablespoons equals one package of seasoning mix from the store.
Canning , freezing, dehydrating… food preserving and homesteading group files on Facebook
Per 1 tablespoon of the dry mix.
- 19 calories, 353 mg sodium
If using a salt sub, sodium goes down to 69 mg per tablespoon.
- Weight Watchers PointsPlus®: 1 to 2 tablespoons, 1 point; 3 tablespoons 2 points.
- Weight Watchers SmartPoints®: 1 tablespoon, 0 points; 2 to 3 tablespoons, 1 point.
* PointsPlus™ calculated by healthycanning.com. Not endorsed by Weight Watchers® International, Inc, which is the owner of the PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® registered trademarks.