You can make delicious mushroom soup from scratch in just 3 minutes with a jar of your home-canned mushrooms, and a small amount of SOS mix.
This recipe uses:
Yield: 400 ml (1 ¾ cups / 14 oz)
Cooking time: 3 minutes
3-Minute Mushroom Soup
- Separate mushrooms from broth in jar; retain broth and set mushrooms aside.
- Top up broth to make 300 ml (1 ¼ cups / 10 oz) of liquid. You can use tap water or any stock you might have in the fridge.
- Whisk in SOS mix.
- Microwave on high 1 minute.
- Whisk again, stir in reserved mushrooms.
- Microwave on high a final two minutes.
- Serve hot.
- Before microwaving, you can add a pinch of ground black pepper, garlic powder, dried parsley, etc.;
- Adjust cooking time as needed for the power of your microwave.
1 ¾ cups (400 ml / 14 oz)
- 197 calories, 280 mg sodium
Calculated on using SOS mix made with low-sodium bouillon powder. If made with regular, sodium becomes 868 mg.
* Nutrition info provided by https://caloriecount.about.com