Roasted beets usually involve a bit of messy prep work, and a long cooking time.
You however can have them on the table in short order, and with practically zero prep time, thanks to your home canned beets.
(To be clear, this is a “cooking with canning you have already done” recipe. This is not a recipe for canning.)
This recipe uses:
Beets Roasted with Maple Syrup
- Heat oven to 200 C (400 F).
- Drain beets, and put in bowl.
- Add the tablespoon of oil, and toss. (If using duck fat, zap in microwave for 30 seconds to melt, then stir into the beets.)
- Spread beets out in baking dish, and roast in oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, add the maple syrup, stir, then put back in oven.
- Roast for a further 20 minutes.
- Serve piping hot.
Per ¾ cup (200 g / 7 oz):
- 170 calories, 156 mg sodium
- Weight Watchers PointsPlus®: 5 points
* Nutrition info provided by https://caloriecount.about.com
* PointsPlus™ calculated by healthycanning.com. Not endorsed by Weight Watchers® International, Inc, which is the owner of the PointsPlus® registered trademark.