This is a quick and easy baked potato dish.
You can throw it together in minutes because you did most of the work already back when you did your canning.
It’s extremely calorie-wise, too. Makes 4 generous 250 g / ½ lb portions for just 96 calories a portion.
You will need a 2 litre (2 US quart) casserole dish.
The recipe is easily doubled or tripled to feed a crowd (just use a larger baking dish accordingly.)
(To be clear, this is a “cooking with canning you have already done” recipe. This is not a recipe for canning.)
See also: DIY Scalloped Potato Dry Mix for Dried Potato Slices
This recipe uses:
- 250 ml water (1 cup / 8 oz)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons Parmesan (grated)
- ½ teaspoon salt (OR salt sub)
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons powdered milk (optional)
- ½ teaspoon onion powder (optional)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon parsley (dried)
- 4 wedges light laughing cow cheese (OR or 50 g / ½ cup grated light cheese)
- 1 litre jar home-canned potatoes (1 quart jar)
- In a large, microwave safe bowl or jug whisk together everything from the water down to and including the parsley.
- Zap for one minute in microwave, whisk, zap for one more minute.
- Remove from microwave.
- Stir in chopped laughing cow pieces (or grated cheese) till melted.
- Open a 1 litre (US quart) jar of potatoes, stir in, with canning water and all.
- Spray a 2 litre (2 quart) casserole dish.
- Empty in the casserole dish.
- Bake at 175 C (350 F) for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Per 250 g (1 cup / 8 oz in weight / ¼ of the recipe):
- 96 calories, 268 mg sodium
- Weight Watchers PointsPlus®: 250 g (1 cup / 8 oz in weight) = 3 points
* Nutrition info provided by https://caloriecount.about.com
* PointsPlus™ calculated by healthycanning.com. Not endorsed by Weight Watchers® International, Inc, which is the owner of the PointsPlus® registered trademark.
Leave a Reply