This is a quick and easy baked potato dish.
You can throw it together in minutes because you did most of the work already back when you did your canning.
It’s extremely calorie-wise, too. Makes 4 generous 250 g / 1/2 lb portions for just 96 calories a portion.
You will need a 2 litre (2 US quart) casserole dish.
The recipe is easily doubled or tripled to feed a crowd (just use a larger baking dish accordingly.)
(To be clear, this is a “cooking with canning you have already done” recipe. This is not a recipe for canning.)
This recipe uses:
Yield: 1 kg (4 cups / 32 oz in weight)
Serving size: 250 g / 8 oz
Fat: 3.8 g
- 250 ml water (1 cup / 8 oz)
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan
- ½ teaspoon salt sub
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons powdered milk (optional)
- ½ teaspoon onion powder (optional)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 4 wedges light laughing cow cheese or 50 g (1/2 cup) grated light cheese
- In a large, microwave safe bowl or jug whisk together everything from the water down to and including the parsley.
- Zap for one minute in microwave, whisk, zap for one more minute.
- Remove from microwave.
- Stir in chopped laughing cow pieces (or grated cheese) till melted.
- Open a 1 litre (US quart) jar of potatoes, stir in, with canning water and all.
- Spray a 2 litre (2 quart) casserole dish.
- Empty in the casserole dish.
- Bake at 175 C (350 F) for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Feel free to add more cheese or any cheese of your liking: the cheese quantity is low here in an effort to keep it low-cal, but you can splurge a bit more if desired.
Per 250 g (1 cup / 8 oz in weight / 1/4 of the recipe):
- 96 calories, 268 mg sodium
- Weight Watchers PointsPlus®: 250 g (1 cup / 8 oz in weight) = 3 points
* Nutrition info provided by https://caloriecount.about.com
* PointsPlus™ calculated by healthycanning.com. Not endorsed by Weight Watchers® International, Inc, which is the owner of the PointsPlus® registered trademark.