A hearty lunch or a light supper: 2 cups of delicious French fries, with chili on top, garnished of course with sour cream and hot sauce.
You can make this with minimal work and expense — because you have the jars of home-canned chili on the shelf ready to use!
And even though this might seem or taste like fast food, it isn’t: it’s actually a really healthy meal.
Consider serving on a plate with a light side salad.
This recipe uses:
You may also wish to try this with Home-canned sloppy Joes.
- Wash potato and cut into fries; leave skin on if desired.
- Melt duck fat.
- Toss potato in fat.
- Bake in oven at 175 C (350 F) for 35 to 45 minutes until golden and crisp, tossing occasionally.
- (NOTE: Instead of the above, if you have an air fryer such as an Actifry or a Philips AirFryer you can just follow the directions for Shrink-Me Fries.)
- Open the jar of chili, zap in microwave.
- Put cooked, hot fries in a bowl or on a plate. Pour the chili out on top of the fries.
- Garnish it with two tablespoons fat-free sour cream.
- Optional: sprinkle with hot sauce, shredded lettuce, chopped fresh tomato, fresh coriander leaves (aka cilantro) if available. Also nice with a few slices of avocado.
- Serve immediately piping hot.
Serving size: 2 cups (175 g) of French fries (chips) plus 1 cup (8 oz / 250 ml) of chili
- 539 calories, 113 mg sodium
- Weight Watchers PointsPlus®: 14 points. 6 points for fries, 7 points for chili, 1 point for sour cream.
* Nutrition info provided by https://caloriecount.about.com
* PointsPlus™ calculated by healthycanning.com. Not endorsed by Weight Watchers® International, Inc, which is the owner of the PointsPlus® registered trademark.
* Herbamare ® is a registered trademark of the A. Vogel Corporation.