A delicious Italian-style green bean dish that you make using your home-canned goods.
(To be clear, this is a “cooking with canning you have already done” recipe. This is not a recipe for canning.)
This recipe uses:
Italian-Style Green Beans
- Drain the beans and mushrooms.
- Put drained veg in a large, wide skillet.
- Add jar of Minnesota mix.
- [Optional] Season to taste with garlic powder and a dried herb such as oregano.
- Bring to a boil, then lower to a simmer and let simmer uncovered for 10 to 15 minutes until most of the moisture is driven off.
- [Optional] Garnish with a drizzle of olive oil and grated Parmesan.
- Serve hot.
Per 1 cup (250 g / 8 oz)
- 201 calories, 43 mg sodium
* Nutrition info provided by https://caloriecount.about.com