This is a really super-fast way to make tarts with your home-canned pie fillings. The spring roll wrapper tart shell makes a easy, really low-calorie crust.
Of course your home-made pastry will always taste better, but sometimes you have to produce something out of thin air when there is no time, or, you just want something a lot lighter in calories.
This recipe uses:
Oven temperature: 200 C / 400 F
Spring Roll Tart Shells
- Thaw spring roll wrappers.
- Start oven heating to 200 C / 400 F.
- Line each cup of a muffin tin with a thawed spring roll wrapper. Fold each wrapper over 3 or 4 times to fit cup, thereby also creating several layers.
- Repeat till all 12 cups are lined.
- Optional: lightly spray the pastry in each cup with 2 or 3 sprays of cooking spray.
- Bake for about 5 minutes at 200 C / 400 F until browned and crisp.
- Remove from oven and muffin cups; let cool on wire rack.
- Fill each tart shell with a few spoonfuls of pie filling, till jar is used up.
- Optional: for serving, top with a spoonful of pudding, custard, double-cream, whip cream, etc.
Varies based on pie filling and spring roll wrappers you are using.