This sweet potato dip is a delicious, healthy and quick to make dip that is always a crowd pleaser at parties.
Makes 500 ml / 2 cups / 16 oz / 32 tablespoons.
Only 17 calories per tablespoon.
(To be clear, this is a “cooking with canning you have already done” recipe. This is not a recipe for canning.)
This recipe uses:
Sweet Potato Dip
- Drain sweet potato; put in bowl of food processor.
- Prep the onion; set aside.
- Heat the oil in a skillet. Add the onion, lower the heat and let cook slowly for about 20 minutes or until the onion is very soft and translucent. Add minced garlic in final 5 minutes of cooking.
- Add the onion mixture to the food processor, along with the yoghurt, the lemon juice and chili powder process until smooth.
- Adjust taste with salt sub and pepper.
- Chill until you are ready to serve it. Will keep in fridge in covered container for up to 5 days.
Per 1 tablespoon (15 ml):
- 17 calories, 6 mg sodium
- Weight Watchers PointsPlus®: 1 tablespoon, 0 points. After that, 1 point per 2 tablespoons.
* Nutrition info provided by https://caloriecount.about.com
* PointsPlus™ calculated by healthycanning.com. Not endorsed by Weight Watchers® International, Inc, which is the owner of the PointsPlus® registered trademark.