This is a very delicious Alfredo sauce that you can whip up in under 5 minutes from SOS mix (Soup or Sauce mix) that you have in your pantry. It’s also extremely healthy.
Use it with fettuccine for fettuccine Alfredo, or with other pasta or noodles, or as a topping for white pizza.
This recipe uses:
Yield: 350 ml (1 ½ cups) / 6 servings
Alfredo Sauce from SOS mix
- 50 g SOS Mix (⅓ cup)
- 300 ml water (1 ¼ cups / 10 fluid oz)
- 50 g Parmesan cheese (grated. 1 cup / 2 oz)
- 125 ml sour cream (½ cup / 4 oz. Low-fat, or if you prefer, regular)
- 14/ teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a microwave-safe jug, combine all the ingredients.
- Microwave for 1 ½ minutes, remove, whisk (or stir), put back in microwave.
- Continue microwaving and stirring until sauce is thick.
Use as sauce on already-cooked hot pasta, or, as desired.
Technically, of course, there actually is no such thing as Alfredo sauce, but this recipe is so delicious and easy to make that we’re just going to ignore that.
Proctor, Debra G. and Ellen Serfustini. Soup or Sauce (SOS) Mix. Utah State Extension Service. 30 March 2011, v 4.8. Page 8.
Sauce only, does not include pasta
Per 50 ml / ¼ cup (2 oz)
- 60 calories
Leave a Reply