This is a very hearty curry that will fill you up and stick to your ribs for hours. But, you can make it in minutes, literally, thanks to your home canning.
Serve over pepper rice or squash mash or both, with some steamed veg or leafy salad on the side?
It’s an incredibly healthy dish too: high protein, high fibre, and incredibly low-fat.
Feel free to adjust flavouring and spicing to your preferences.
(To be clear, this is a “cooking with canning you have already done” recipe. This is not a recipe for canning.)
This recipe uses:
Turkey, Kale and Chickpea Curry
- 1 litre jar home canned turkey (US quart)
- 1 half-litre jar home canned kale
- 1 half-litre jar home canned chickpeas
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Thai curry paste
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon Maggi seasoning sauce
- Drain broth off the jar of turkey into a microwave-safe container or jug. Set aside.
- Put turkey into a medium-sized mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Drain the chickpeas in a sieve, rinse to get any sludge off, shake in strainer to drain well, then add to turkey.
- Drain the kale in a sieve( tip! save the water in a tub in the freezer for soup). Put on a chopping board, chop finely, then put back in the sieve and press to get a bit more water out. Add to turkey.
- Whisk the cornstarch into the reserved turkey broth.
- Zap the turkey broth in the microwave on high for one-minute. Whisk. Zap on high for two minutes, whisk again, then zap for a further 3 minutes.
- To the thickened turkey broth, add the curry paste, the curry powder, and the Maggi. Whisk. Adjust taste as desired.
- Dump curry mixture on top of turkey mixture. Fold together till blended.
- Put turkey and curry mixture in microwave-safe dish, heat till piping hot.
- Send to the table.
Makes 4 cups / 1200 g in total
Per 300 g (1 cup / 8 oz in weight) :
- 300 calories, 482 mg sodium.
- Weight Watchers PointsPlus®: 9 points.
* Nutrition info provided by https://caloriecount.about.com
* PointsPlus™ calculated by healthycanning.com. Not endorsed by Weight Watchers® International, Inc, which is the owner of the PointsPlus® registered trademark.
Leave a Reply